Designing your perfect home requires precision. You want to make sure every detail is correct. When you choose a material for your kitchen countertop, you might face quite the dilemma of choosing between granite or quartz — two of the best materials to pick from.
Both options are perfect in their own way, but we’re here to help you make the final decision. See if any of the conditions we listed match your lifestyle, and then you can choose the perfect kitchen countertop material for your dream home.
When to Choose a Granite Kitchen Countertop
Granite comes in various patterns with deep and rich colors. Granite countertops are all-natural minerals that guarantee durability. A granite kitchen countertop is an ideal option for the following reasons:
- If you cook frequently: A kitchen countertop is more than meets the eye. Beyond a granite countertop’s gorgeous finish, it offers the durability of natural stone. If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, you won’t have to worry about messing up your countertop since granite can take on virtually any spill and stain that you can imagine happens in a hectic kitchen.
- If you have no plans of replacing your countertop anytime soon: As we’ve established, granite kitchen countertops are sturdy and reliable surfaces that can handle your hectic schedule. A granite countertop might cost a pretty penny, but remember that this is an investment for a stylish material that guarantees longevity. After all, you get what you pay for.
RELATED ARTICLE: Countertop Trends: 2021 and Beyond
- If you place a lot of appliances on your counters: A granite countertop’s sturdiness can handle more than your hectic day. You won’t have to worry about denting or warping your kitchen countertop with all the heavy appliances you place on your counter if it’s made of granite.
- If you live in a flood- or earthquake-prone area: Once again, granite’s sturdiness comes into play if you live in an area with frequent natural disasters. As a sturdy mineral, granite is persistent in nature and has little risk of getting flood or earthquake damage.
When to Opt for a Quartz Kitchen Countertop
Quartz countertops give you creative freedom with its wide variety of rich colors and patterns. A quartz countertop is surely going to be your perfect home’s show-stopping centerpiece. You might desire this option for the following reasons:
- If you want more options in colors: Black, gold, red, and white are just a handful of color options you have for a quartz countertop. You can pick the best one that matches the rest of your house.
We have you covered. Browse our gallery for inspiration.
- If you want a surface that is relatively easier to clean: Quartz is a porous stone, but it does not need sealing and resealing like other materials. A quartz countertop is solid enough that you can simply wipe down any spills with soap and water.
- If you desire a glossier surface: Since a quartz countertop is relatively easy to clean, you can maintain its natural crystal-like quality.
Granite and quartz are the best materials for your kitchen countertop for their own reasons. Granite might be the sturdier option, but it’s also the pricier one. Meanwhile, quartz offers a variety of customizable options and easy maintenance that can match your home’s overall aesthetic. Choosing the perfect one for you rests on a few circumstances that are unique to you.
We’d Love to Get You Started